Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday!

As I sit looking at bag upon bag of clothes, I am very grateful for those who pass on to us their "hand-me-downs"! It is like Christmas whenever we bring home bags of clothes. I couldn't ask for anything better. It's like the store comes to us. . .no standing in a dressing room for long periods of time trying outfits on. . .we get to do it in the comfort of our own home. . .what clothing budget?--we don't need one. . .and when our kids (and me) outgrow them, it's fun passing them on to someone else so they can have Christmas at their house! So many times, we have needed certain size shoes or pants, or Karis wanted a Ken doll that she didn't get for Christmas(guess what she found in a bag of clothes yesterday?), or I needed(wanted) mascara--thanks,Sis & Mom--We would find them like hidden treasures in a bag of "hand-me-downs"!
I am remembering how one is never too old to appreciate "hand-me-downs"--When my Grandmother died, my Mom passed on some of my Grandmother's things to Mark's Grandmother who commented more than once how she enjoyed wearing some of my Grandmother's things.

3 comments:

Faith said...

That's so sweet!! I like the thought of hand me downs being like Christmas!!

The Poores said...

I completely agree on the hand me downs being just like Christmas!

Chris and Sarah said...

Oh my goodness I love them too. Someone just gave us 4 big trash bags of clothes for Amaya. I was just going to have to go shopping for her and now I think we are good until she is 8. Plus there was enough clothes for a few other people to share them with.